Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sean Hannity Is A Douche Bag: Part I

Recently on his radio show Sean Hannity was touting Walmart's success in this stagnant market. He was talking about how Walmart's stock has gone up, despite the recession. This is an indicator, he says, that the economy really isn't that bad.

Which got me thinking. What other businesses have been flourishing recently? Hmmmm....


Campbells Soup has been consistently going up.

Spam is also doing fantastic.

And according to the above article business is booming for Velveeta, Kraft Mac n Cheese (it's the cheesiest!), Jell-O, and Kool Aid (OH YEAH!)


People are shopping at Walmart becuase they have to, NOT because they want to. People aren't buying plastic cheese, jigglers because they like it. They are buying them because they don't have enough money to buy anything else.

How does this guy have show?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jer,

You'll know your blog's made it big time when O'Reilly starts complaining about "THE Sweet Release."

Bri

Faceplant said...

Falafel!

Watty said...

Granted, Wal-Mart's commercials advertise much lower prices on whatever three products they decide to show on...the commercials I no longer see on TV.
My guess is that one of the ways they've posted a profit is a reduction on advertising. I also have a bone to pick with Wal-Mart (however biased it may be).

I work at a grocery store controlled (yes, you read that right) by the UFCW Local 21. Yeah, that's a union. In one of their latest mailers, they attacked Wal-Mart, and honestly, I'm drinking their Kool-Aid. Wal-Mart posts huge savings on a certain few of their items, while the rest of their products sell for either the same or more than other stores charge. I can't tell you how many times I've been in there to buy a certain item only to look at the cost of the other products I want to buy and say, "Fuck that, I'm going somewhere else."

Not to mention their unethical treatment of their employees.

Fuck Wal-Mart.

Faceplant said...

I don't doubt that you are correct Watson. But people perceive Walmart as being cheaper, and perception is what matters.